Wednesday 10 January 2018

What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Writing

Do you have days when you just don't feel like writing?

I have those days sometimes.

And do you know what I do?

I write anyway.

Writing is a daily job.

I don't always feel inspirational before I sit down to write, but once I start writing, the inspiration comes.

I think it was Stephen King who said (and I'm paraphrasing) that your muse doesn't show up for work until you do.

So when the same thing happens to you and you really, REALLY don't feel like writing, my advice is just sit down and start.

If you don't know what to do, re-read the previous day's work.

Look through your ideas book.

Copy out someone else's work that you admire.

Just start doing something. Anything. And the rest is easy.

Be professional about it. When you had a regular job and you just weren't in the mood for work, did you just simply not turn up?

Of course not. You went to work and once you got into the flow, it was easy to keep going.

And so it is with writing.

So treat it as a job, not a hobby.

And if you want to try something different, download The 10 Day Ebook course, follow the step by step instructions, and it will make it so easy to get your book written and published. And you can earn $1,000 a month from it. That's guaranteed, or you can have a full refund.

So try it.

You've got absolutely nothing to lose.

http://ruthiswriting.com/links/10dayebook.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments