Thursday 2 November 2017

Oh Yes It Can Be Done

“Business Man Go To Top Of Graph” by 2nix
I was watching an episode of one of my favourite TV shows, Criminal Minds, the other day (while I was ironing - boo!) and in it two of the team were in a strip club trying to figure out how the criminals had kidnapped one of the dancers.

So what they did was sit where the criminals had, to see what they could see, who could see them, and the view they had of the entrances and exits.

But they had to actually visit the club to be able to do it. There was no other way. They had to take the same steps the criminals had.

It think it's a bit like when people say, 'don't judge what I do until you've walked a mile in my shoes', meaning you cannot understand what they were going through until you've lived through it too and seen and experienced what they have.

But as a side note, I don't have to walk a mile in the shoes of someone as bad as a peddle-file (or kiddy-diddler as they sometimes call them on the cop shows) to judge them. I just know they're the worst kind of people.

But anyway, the Criminal Minds' profilers visiting the same place the criminals had been, in order to understand how they did what they did, and it made me think about writing courses and how-to ebooks on writing.

Sometimes I see them advertising that they can show you how to write a book in a week, or a month or how to use different types of marketing to make more book sales, and I think, "Would that actually work?"

But I never know unless I try it out for myself, which I often do.

And it's the same with my own ebooks about how to write and publish an ebook in 7 days, or write a short report in 2 hours, or overcome writer's block in minutes.

Many people think it can't be done.

They resist trying it for a long time until they finally give it a go. And once they start practising, they soon discover that yes indeed, it can be done.

So if you've seen a writing or marketing course that promises to teach you something that up until now you couldn't do, but you know it would benefit you greatly if you could, give it a go.

My only caveat here is not to believe everything, especially products that tell you it's possible to go to bed tonight and wake up a millionaire by following their simple online system, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Because if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

On the other hand, writing an ebook in a week or curing writer's block quickly or setting up your own online business, is extremely do-able.

You just have to put on those proverbial shoes and start walking.

And as the saying goes, every journey starts with the first step.


7 Day Ebook Writing And Publishing System
http://cheritonhousepublishing.com/books/7day.html

Goodbye Writer's Block: How To Be A Creative Genius And Have An Abundance Of Ideas Plus The Inspiration And Motivation To Write
http://cheritonhousepublishing.com/books/WB.html

Living The Laptop Lifestyle: How To Start & Grow A Profitable Online Business So You Can Quit Your Job
http://cheritonhousepublishing.com/books/LLS.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments