Friday 22 July 2016

A Fast Way to Market Your Ebook

Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.netBeing an ebook writer is a great way to earn income from writing.

For me, writing ebooks also provides me with the kind of writing I want to do.

I much prefer to sit and write one ebook after another than to do short freelance projects that I have to send to editors in the hope that they'll publish it.

Don't get me wrong though, freelance writing, if done correctly, can provide a lucrative income.

But I prefer to sit and do longer projects, like ebooks , and enjoy the passive income they bring that can go on for years.

But ebooks need to be marketed in order to get them in front of as many people as possible.

Online marketing is a huge topic because there are so many ways to do it.

I find that the fastest way to do it is through article marketing.

This is one of the marketing methods that I've used for years and even though it's not as effective as it used to be before the Google Slap, it still works. And because I'm a writer, writing articles is easy to do.

What I do is, once my ebook is written, I write 3 to 5 short directory articles that relate to the subject of my ebook.

Then I publish them on EzineArticles.com one at a time, every 2 or 3 days.

And there are 3 things I do to make sure that my articles get read and re-published.

1. When submitting an article, an option is to have the title and a link to the article automatically posted to my social media accounts (Twitter Google+, etc). I choose yes.

2.I try and make my article titles as intriguing as I possibly can because they are competing with thousands of others. One of the easiest ways is to pose a question such as, "What is The Best Way to...?"

3. I use Google Alerts to track my articles. This serves two purposes. Firstly I can use it for feedback to see how many times each article is re-published on other blogs. This way I can quickly figure out which are the most popular and write more on this topic.

Secondly I can immediately see if anyone has re-published my articles as their own. Once I find them I report them to their ISP. Or I click on the top corner of any Google Ads they have on the page, scroll down to the Google Advertising Policy Violations section and report them for placing ads on stolen articles.

This works well on spammy website and blogs (that contain nothing but stolen articles from hundreds of writers) that are only monetised by Google Ads, because their account gets shut down and without their advertising income, they can't continue and so they stop stealing articles.

And that's it.

Article Marketing is one of the fastest and simplest ways I use to market my ebooks.

I also use marketing articles to get more visitors to my blogs and websites.

And as long as it keeps working, I'll keep doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments