Thursday 21 August 2014

My Week of Non-Stop Writing

Image courtesy of adamr FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This has been a busy week for me. I've been writing non-stop.

Well, it's not just been writing but researching and gathering material.

I'm currently working on my next ebook for writers and I've decided to add two bonus products as well.

By the time I'm finished, this will be one massive offer with everything you need to start writing and making money.
Yesterday, I thought I was nearly finished. But then I had the great idea to add the two magnificent bonus products and so then I had to start researching and outlining again to get the products off the ground.

I didn't research because I didn't know what I'd be writing about, but rather that I didn't want to miss anything out. I wanted to make sure I had all the facts.

But it has been a great week of planning, brainstorming and writing.

And at the same time I've managed to fit many more things in like cooking, cleaning, dog walking, shopping and all the usual chores that my life entails.

I've interspersed my writing and researching with doing the other things because I find that if I take breaks away from the computer every now and then, it helps keep my mind ticking over.

While I'm doing other things that require physical action but not much thought, I mull over all my ideas for my writing and by the time I get back to my desk (or lay on the sofa swing on the deck when I'm writing by hand - ahhh...the joy of being a writer), my mind is fresh and raring to go.

This is what I love about writing. When it moves along as well as it has this week, it makes it more like a hobby than a job.

Even now while I'm writing this blog post I'm thinking that I can't wait to get back to writing my ebooks. But for now they will have to wait a bit longer because there is a huge pile of ironing in the laundry with my name on it. Sad face. :(

But as soon as it's over I can get back to writing and who knows, maybe in the meantime (the ironing time) I'll come up with more brilliant ideas about great things to write.

One of the things that I've recently found that has helped to make writing so much more enjoyable and easier to do, has been learning to write faster.

I've read quite a few books about it recently and have tried out different ways to write faster and I've found that overall, writing quickly makes me much more focused. I think it's because giving myself less time to write means that I don't have the luxury of letting my mind wander or allowing myself to idly surf the net when I should be working.

And so at the end of each day I feel good because I know I've achieved so much more in a day than I used to AND it doesn't take any more time.

I guess it's what they call working smarter, not harder, because I can now achieve twice as much in the same amount of time. Genius!

Some of the books I've read that have helped me are:

6 FIGURES A YEAR WRITING KINDLE BOOKS: The 100 Book Challenge

1500 Words Per Hour: How To Write Faster, Better And More Easily Using The Simple And Powerful Speed Write System For Writing Mastery

Think Like a Publisher: A Step by Step Guide to Publishing Your Own Books

If you read them, they'll help you too.

Enjoy.