Saturday 24 December 2016

New Year Writing Resolutions For 2017

My new 2017 Diary
This is the time of year when most people (and especially writers it seems) are making plans of their goals for the coming year.

And I'm no different.

A few days ago I went to one of my favourite stores, Office Works, and salivated over all the notebooks, pens and other office supplies. There are so many things you can buy in these huge stores including office furniture, toasters, kettles, coffee and big bags of lollies (candies). Yep, everything you could possibly want for your office.

I didn't buy much because I was really only there to ogle the stock but I did buy a few things (eraser, pencil sharpener, other just-as-exciting office supplies) and one thing that I did buy was a new diary.

Usually I have an A4 diary but I've decided that it's too big to keep open on my desk while I work. So this year I bought one half the size - A5.

It still has one day to each page (see image above of the first page of the year) plus a calendar for 2017 and 2018, and pages of useful dates (school holidays, public holidays, etc). It's much less space for writing in than I'm used to so I will just have to tighten up my word count in my new diary. I'm sure it will be fine.

But just having my new blank diary full of possibilities of what I'm going to be working on next year, fills me with new hope of achieving more from my writing.

The last few years I've increased my writing income and I'm hoping to increase it ten-fold in 2017.

In fact I'm so sure of my potential earnings that I'm currently looking at renting a local office to work from.

It can be extremely hard sometimes to separate my working life from my private life because I'm at home all the time. And more often than not, people are overstepping my working boundaries (because their lives are oh so busy and so they only have time to talk to me during my working hours).

I try to write mainly through the day so that I can keep my evenings free for other things. Sometimes the two blur together and sometimes I get no writing done at all because other things keep cropping up, especially with other people.

So to alleviate this I've decided to work more away from home whenever I can, because I know that I can write much more when I'm out every day. And the easiest way to achieve this is to rent a small office and go and work there, that way I can be left alone to write. Plus I'm far more productive away from home.

The only problem with this plan is that there are very few small offices to rent around here, so I may struggle to find somewhere. But I'm already looking and trying to arrange viewings. Hopefully I'll find my writing oasis soon.

I'm also considering renting out the extra space in my new yet-to-be-rented office to other local writers so that they can hire a desk to write at on a monthly basis. These are known as 'co-working spaces.' The image in my mind is so idyllic of how this is going to work. Or perhaps I'll keep my office private and shut myself away to get more writing done.

At the moment I don't know what's going to happen, whether I'll find a suitable office or not, or maybe I'll rent a bedroom in someone's house and use that as my office instead because there are plenty of rooms to rent for around $100 a week which is much cheaper than renting an office.

But one thing I know for sure is that I will be writing more in 2017 than I ever have before and my income from my writing will be higher than it's ever been.

So no matter what happens, I know I'll make it.

My writing 'to-do' list is waiting for me and so is my new 2017 diary, so I will be scanning the former and filling in the latter over the next few days.

And tomorrow is Christmas Day (I don't celebrate this day I just have a day off from doing anything that I don't want to do) which is probably the best day for me to make my plans and start finishing up what I'm currently working on and fill in my diary so that I can start my new work in the New Year.

I also don't think I'm the only one who plans to write more next year because currently my best selling ebook is How to Write an Article in 15 Minutes or Less - including research, writing and Proof Reading.

It's this month's best seller. :)

How to Write an Article in 15 Minutes or Less - including research, writing and Proof Reading.



Click Here to learn How I Earned Over $4,000 Writing Articles 
In Just One Day

I did it using my simple 15 minute article writing system which Includes Research, Writing and Proof Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments