Tuesday 27 September 2016

Take a Break From Writing

"The Most Powerful Self-Development Technology on Earth!"
Writing every day is important.

Writing every hour of the day is not.

Unlike other jobs, working as a writer can’t be done for hour after hour without a break.

Not in my world.

There are times when I’m writing in one huge creative window and I just keep going and going, and when I look up 2 or 3 hours have gone by and I’m dying to pee.

But usually I need to take breaks.

If I don’t, I start to get distracted by email that doesn’t need checking or social media feeds that don’t need my attention.

On these days I need to time my writing and take 5 minutes break when the timer sounds. It’s the only way I can sit and write if I’m not in the mood or what I’m writing about is boring.

There are also other days when I really struggle to stay focused and on these days I have to give up because it’s a waste of time.

But when I’m writing I have to take breaks to relieve eye strain, give my spine a rest and clear my head.

So I move away from my desk, stand, stretch, walk away and do something physical for 5 minutes, even if it’s pat the dog or hang out the washing.

It really helps me to sit down again with a fresh mind.



Boost Your Focus to Razor Sharpness and Re-Claim Your Creative Spark.
(These are CDs I personally use myself and I think they're great.) 
If you don't think these CDs are great, they come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Download a free 15 minute 'focus' demo. Click on the banner below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments