Friday 23 September 2016

How I Get More Writing Ideas

“Creativity Word Shows Ideas Inventions And Creatives” by Stuart Miles
It’s OK to say that to be a successful writer you need to write.

But what when you have no ideas?

For me this isn’t a problem for two reasons:

  • I’m extremely creative (always have been)
  •  I have 2 notebooks full of ideas

Being creative and blessed with a good imagination helps. But many people ask me how I find the time to come up with ideas.

And the answer surprises them.

They seem to imagine that I sit and wait for the muse to strike me.

On the contrary.

Usually I’m not even sitting when ideas strike me. When I get an idea it normally strikes when I’m busy doing un-related things that have nothing at all to do with writing.

They come often when I’m dog walking, from what I see, what I think, or what I hear if I’m listening to an audio as I walk.

Many ideas come to me when I’m doing mundane things like housework, car cleaning and even mowing the lawn.

But most importantly – and this is really, REALLY important – I write all my ideas down IMMEDIATELY.

And that’s how I collect so many.

Try it for yourself and see.

Get a notebook just for ideas. Mine are spiral-bound shorthand notebooks.

Then every time you get an idea, write it down, or, if you’re out, voice record it till you get home.

But never EVER think that you’ll remember an idea – you won’t.

That’s a lesson I had to learn many times over.

So don’t make the same mistake.



Kindling - Ignite The Fire Under Your Kindle Publishing Dreams


This is a free ebook all about working as a published Kindle author. 
If you've ever dreamed of writing and publishing books for a living, 
this ebook will show you how you can do it. 
Download it now and start living your dream as a published author.
Just click the image above.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments