Wednesday 30 December 2015

How to Never Miss a Great Writing Idea Again

“Think Different” by lekkyjustdoit FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I don’t know about you, but my biggest problem is that my best ideas come when I’m doing things other than writing.

Sometimes, when I’m driving my car, a brilliant  idea will occur to me for an article or for the next chapter in my book.

So I’ll pull over, whip out my pad and pen and start writing. And when I’m in a creative window like this, the ideas just keep on flowing.

One day, I drove to the library for some distraction-free writing time. I parked in the car park under a tree. The library is on the edge of a park which makes the car park really shady.

And as I turned off the engine I had a brilliant idea for a short ebook I’d been wanting to write.

I got out of the car and opened the back door to get my writing bag off the back seat, but the idea was so clear in my mind that I didn’t want to lose it and waste time going into the library and setting up my stuff.

So I got into the back seat of the car, propped myself up with my back against one door and my feet against the other, and started writing.

I outlined my brilliant idea and then started writing the ebook. I just sat there for a couple of hours, writing and writing.

I vaguely heard other cars coming and going but I ignored them because I was so focused on what I was doing.

It was a really great window of inspiration and by the time I’d finished, I’d not only completed the first draft of my ebook, but I’d also outlined a few brilliant marketing articles to help promote it.

And I never actually went into the library at all.

But I know that if I hadn’t stopped right there and then, my window of opportunity would have been missed.

That’s the problem with getting a great idea when you’re out. By the time you get home to your computer, the inspiration is gone and the idea is lost.

So when the idea is there, and the opportunity to write it is there, just do it.

And if you have enough time to write a whole chapter of your book or write a whole short report then grab that opportunity too.

Ideas are a gift. You don’t expect them. You don’t pay for them. They’re given to you.

And the best thing you can do is use them straight away, because the gift is only offered once, and if you don’t seize it, it’s gone.

Grabbing every gift and using every window of inspiration can lead you to writing your next great book.

But only if you grab the opportunity when it’s there.





How to Publish Your Book Quickly, Affordably and Make It Available Worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments