Tuesday 24 February 2015

Why Writers Are Lazy

The 12 Month Writing Challenge
Are writers lazy?

No.

But you'd be forgiven for thinking that they are.

Why?

Because being a writer means sitting down for a while, writing, and then finishing for the day.

From the outside it looks like doing nothing.

But a writer's brain is always active. Probably more active than most people's.

There are also those who give writers a bad name.

These are people who say they're writers, but they never write. They aren't writers at all but they tell others that they are.

And because non-writers don't understand what it takes to be a successful writer, they think that all writers are lazy.

Being a successful writer means to write every day.

Many writers hold down full time jobs while they write in their spare time, while others work full time at their writing.

I find that I spend every day writing and marketing.

I'm either writing my own books or writing articles to market the ones I already have or to sell affiliate products.

And marketing comes in many shapes and forms including article marketing, guest blogging, social media, forums, commenting and more.

And while it is work, it's pleasurable at the same time. It's something I love to do.

I'd hate to have to go out to work every day.

Instead I sit and home and write.

It's taken me years to build up a good daily writing habit.

But it's something that has made me as successful as I am.

And how do I define successful?

I earn all my income from my writing.

Which is what I was aiming for all along.

Now, if only someone would make a movie out of one of my fiction books...