Wednesday 25 February 2015

Do You Have to Write Books to Make Money From Writing



So the question is, if you want to make money from your writing, do you have to write books?

And the simple answer is, no.

Naturally, being able to write and publish your own books is really helpful, but there are many people all over the world making money from their writing and they've never written a book in their life and they don't intend to.

For example, journalists make their living from writing, but they're not book authors.

Likewise, there are many other ways to earn money as a writer without writing a book.

I used to work exclusively as a freelance writer when I first started writing. I wrote articles and short stories for magazines and also for clients.

Mostly my clients wanted me to write online articles or to proof read and edit books that they'd written. And that was fine with me

Until one day, it occurred to me that if they could afford to pay me for what I did to help them, how much money were they earning from my work?

That's when I began to look for ways to earn money from my own writing. But I still wasn't ready to write a book.

I searched around online and found the wonderful world of affiliate marketing and began to earn money from writing articles to promote other people's products and posting on social media, etc.

It was only a matter of time though, before I started writing my own ebooks.

But I still do affiliate marketing because it's still a great way to earn money from writing.

And like I've always said, writing is numbers game because the more you write, the more money you can earn.

And writing marketing articles is faster than writing a book.

So if you want to make money from writing, you don't have to write any books because affiliate marketing is just one of the many ways you can earn money as a writer.

And it all creates a really amazing passive income.

______________________________________