Thursday 13 March 2014

My Article Writing Experiment

Image courtesy of renjith krishnan
Freedigitalphtos.net
This week I downloaded an ebook about article writing that I've wanted to download for a while but wasn't sure if it would be worthwhile.

Thankfully, my skepticism was unfounded and the ebook turned out to be a gem. It's all about writing articles quickly. In fact it promises to teach you how to write an article in just a few minutes. Less than 10 minutes.

So I read through the ebook (it wasn't very long) and then sat down and gave it a try.

And do you know what I discovered?
I found out that it is possible to write an article in just a few minutes.

Sadly I haven't achieved the really short time that I'd hoped to achieve but I didn't do too badly.

I wondered for a long time if it really was do-able.

Eventually, after months of wondering I bit the proverbial bullet and downloaded the ebook (I won't put a link to it here because it's no longer available).

In my usual style, I sat down and devoured the book in one sitting and was pleasantly surprised to see that it had some really good ideas about how to research your topic fast (in just one minute) how to write an article quickly and how to proof read it swiftly.

That was it in a nutshell. Research, write and proof read an article in just 10 minutes.

So I sat down and gave it a go.

I wrote 3 articles.

One took me 25 minutes. One took 24 minutes and one took 20 minutes.

I then uploaded them to my website which took an average of 10 minutes per article, but that included inserting links to them from other pages, putting in meta tags in the page headings and finding a suitable image online to add to it.

I thought it wasn't too shabby for my first attempt at using this system. In just an hour and a half I'd written and added 3 articles to my website. Sometimes it can take me half the morning just to do one.

And while I didn't meet my 10 minute per article target, I wasn't too worried because no doubt it takes some time to achieve that. Anything we do, that's worthwhile doing, needs a lot of practice to get good at it so I'll keep practising with this 10 minute article technique till I get it right.

Now I know that you're probably thinking that writing so quickly means that the articles won't be very high quality, but they weren't too bad.

You can see one of the articles at http://writeaholics.net/articles/2014/writing-quickly.html. There's a link to the other two at the bottom of that one if you want to check them all out.

What I found really great about writing and publishing articles so quickly is that I enjoyed it. It was a great feeling to sit down and actually get something done in just one short sitting. It's certainly inspired me to do it again.

I can't wait to get started on it all again.

So expect to see much more from me real soon.

And in the meantime, you can learn more about How I Earned Over $4,000 Writing Articles 
in Just One Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments